According to Little League rules, players must reside OR attend a school located within a specified league catchment area in order to be eligible to play baseball at Calgary West Little League. Calgary West Little League holds the charter for a geographic area that covers parts of West Calgary, Springbank, Redwood Meadows and Bragg Creek. When a player is utilizing school attendance to participate in our league, then that player's siblings will be eligible to play at CWLL even if the sibling(s) does not attend the same school or physically reside within the league’s boundaries.
For a map showing the Calgary West Little League residence eligibility league boundaries, CLICK HERE: League Boundaries.
Each local Little League determines the actual geographic boundaries of the area from within which it shall select players. Players will be eligible to play with that league only if they reside or attend a school within the boundaries provided to and approved by Little League Baseball, Incorporated.
A player will be deemed to reside within the league boundaries if:
- a) His/her parents are living together and are residing within such league boundaries,
- b) Either of the player’s parents (or his/her court-appointed legal guardian) resides within such boundaries. It is unacceptable if a parent moves into a league’s boundaries for the purpose of qualifying for tournament play. "Residence," "reside" and "residing" refers to a place of bona fide continuous habitation. A place of residence once established shall not be considered changed unless the parents, parent or guardian makes a bona fide change of residence submission.
Returning players who have moved out of the geographic boundaries for Calgary West Little League will be grandfathered and remain eligible to play at CWLL, but must provide all required information to the league president at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any clarification as to whether your child resides within the Calgary West Little League boundaries, please contact our league president at email@example.com .
Proof of Residence
Residence shall be established and supported by one or more documents from each of the following three groups to determine residency of parent(s) or guardian(s), dated or in force between February 1, 2021 and February 1, 2022:
- Driver’s License
- Vehicle Records (i.e., registration, lease, etc.)
- School records (home address of player's parents or guardians)
- Employment records
- Insurance documents (with residence address)
- Welfare/child care records
- Federal records (i.e., Federal Tax, Social Insurance Number, etc.)
- Provincial records
- Local (municipal) records
- Support payment records
- Homeowner or tenant records
- Military records
- Voter's Registration
- Utility bills (i.e. gas, electric, phone, mobile phone)
- Financial Records (loan, credit, investments, etc.)
- Medical records
- Internet, cable, or satellite television records
Proof of School Attended
If a player is basing his/her eligibility on attending a school within CWLL's league boundaries, either the school enrollment form or an official/certified school enrollment record dated prior to October 1, 2021 can be used to establish school attendance for the 2022 season. A school issued report card or performance record will no longer be accepted to establish school attendance.
Calgary West Little League exists to provide the youth of our community with an affordable opportunity to learn excellent baseball skills in a fun, healthy, environment and to develop the three attributes of Little League's Motto: Character, Courage, and Loyalty; to also understand an individual's contribution to a team, to value healthy competition, and to respect the game and all its participants. Our goal is that these values and attributes will extend in the lives of our players beyond baseball.
It is our vision that we will continue to inspire pride in every player, parent, and volunteer for being part of a continuing tradition that has made Calgary West Little League a successful Little League in Canada since 1969.
Calgary West Little League
P.O. Box 15001
RPO Aspen Woods
Calgary, AB T3H 0N8